10 to answer with Rue Duo
Check out thier new release here.
1. Who are you and where are you from?
We are Aaron Taylor and Charlie Robinson and we come from Leicester in the UK.
2. When did you start producing music?
We started producing music together in 2012, but individually we've been producing much much longer.
3. What are the tracks people should know you of?
We are really new to the scene, so we will be largely unheard of at present, but it would have to be our debut EP 'Set the Sun' on Wildlife.
4. What hard- and software do you use to produce your music?
We've pretty much shifted away from hardware except for midi controllers. Our DAW of choice is Logic pro, and we use a huge amount of soft synths. We will often use subtractive synthesis to shape our own sounds.
5. What are your musical influences?
Wow, it's a broad range. DJ wise, we love Maceo Plex and Luciano, these two really seem to ride the wave of innovation. Outside of EDM, we just have a love for great songwriters, be that from now or yesteryear.
6. Can you tell us something about your first dj gig?
We've decided to hold off on taking Rue Duo live until we have a catalogue of releases behind us. Again, we've DJ'd extensively individually, including at world renowned stellar venues, like Space, Ibiza and Sankeys, Manchester.
7. What's the coming gig you are really looking forward to and why?
When we do go live this summer, our good friend and DJ Curtis Lee has a great party called Lustrino in our hometown, I'm sure we could blag a set.
8. What can we expect from you in the near future?
We're still defining and shaping our sound, but we have so many tracks ready to surface. So in the near future expect a steady stream of big releases and Rue Duo gigging this summer.
9. Who's the artist you would love to make a track with (dead or alive)?
Noel Gallagher from the mainstream, and Hot Since 82 from the EDM scene.
10. Any personal message to the fans?
Keep your ear to the ground.
Rue Duo on Facebook